Welcome to my Zoicks.Com Irfanview Help Page
A special thanks goes to everyone's favorite Photos/HTML expert, Bob Bull (Bobal), who originally posted this helpful tip.
To Resize, Crop, Convert pictures to JPG or GIF (and more) use this FREE image editor - Irvanfiew
Irfanview is a great image editor and it is very easy to use. There are lots of wonderful tutorials and help sites written that support Irfanview. I have included a few links here.
You can get the free Irfanview download here:
For specific instructions on cropping/resizing your images, check out this Irfanview tutorial from NK Tower:
And here are instructions for two of the most frequently asked Irfanview how-to's:
Quick/dirty directions for adding text to pics with Irfanview:
- Open the image in Irfanview.
- With your cursor, draw a box where you want text to appear on the image.
- Under Edit menu, select 'Add Text'
- To add text to image box that appears:
- Type your text in the box
- Click the Choose Font button and select options desired:
Font, style, size, strikeout, underline and font color are the options.
- Click the OK button to return to the Add text box.
- Ensure the 'Text is transparent' block is checked.
- Click the OK button to add the text to your image.
- If you don't like the results and want to try again, click 'Undo' and start over.
Quick/dirty directions for doing a batch rename:
- From the File Menu:
- Select Batch Conversion/Rename
- Batch conversion pop-up:
- Where it says Look in:
- Select 3 1/2" Floppy (A:)
- Either select individual files you want to convert or click the Add all button to the left of the files window
- Under Output format:
- Ensure JPG-JPEG Files is selected
- Under Work as:
- Ensure Batch rename radio button is selected
- Under Output directory:
- Click the Browse button and find the directory on your hard drive where you want to save your renamed images, such as C:\My Pictures\
- Under Rename Options:
- Ensure Copy input files to output directory radio button is selected
- Change Namepattern### to desired name, such as eBayPics###
- Under Starting index:
- Ensure you change the number if you want to start at anything other than 1 (i.e., if you have already saved some pics as eBayPics###
- Under Input Files:
- Click the Start button.
- When complete, click the Exit button