Welcome to Zoicks.Com
1. From the 'My AOL' menu, on the AOL toolbar,
2. Click 'Preferences', Then Click 'WWW'
3. Look for the 'Temporary Internet Files'
4. Click 'Delete Files', then click 'OK'.
5. That should clear your cache and give you a fresh start.
1. Up top in the pull-down menus (File, Edit, Tools etc.), click Tools, then 'Internet Options'
2. This brings up a dialog with 6 tabs across the top (General, Security, Content, .......)
3. Click 'General;, the look for 'Temporary Internet Files'
4. Click 'Delete Files', then (if it appears, check off 'Delete all offline content';, then click 'OK'.
5. Click 'OK' again and this should clear all cached pages.
1. Up top in the pull-down menus (File, Edit, etc.), click Edit, then 'Preferences'.
2. Find 'Advanced'. Click the + sign in front of the word, 'advanced'.
3. You'll see 'Cache, Proxies, etc.........'
4. Click 'Cache'
5. On the right you'll see, buttons labeled 'Clear Memory Cache' and 'Clear Disk Cache'
6. First, click 'Clear Memory Cache' when the "?" dialog appears click 'OK'
7. Then click 'Clear Disk Cache', when the "?" dialog appears, click 'OK'.
8. Click 'OK' again to close the Cache Dialog box.
9. This will clear all old info from your browser and the error should be finished.
For Web TV Users:
1. Just unplug your unit from the power source and when you plug it back in, your cache has been cleared